Devi joined Belinda Ang Tang and Partners in August 2016.
Devi has more than 30 years of extensive dispute resolution experience across multiple legal disciplines. Coupled with a strong community and grassroots involvement, she renders advice on a holistic basis grounded in real life experiences of her numerous cases.
Devi’s areas of practice include Intellectual Property (both in the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore and in civil courts), Contract, Tort of Negligence, Trust, Libel and Slander. Corporate & Commercial disputes including Shareholder Disputes, Family & Probate practice and Prevention of Harassment actions.
• Admission to the Singapore Bar, (1988)
• Master of Laws, LL.M. (Intellectual Property)
Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London (1997)
• Bachelor of Laws, LL.B. (Hons.),
National University of Singapore (1987)
• Member, The Law Society of Singapore
• Member, Singapore Academy of Law
• Member, Telok Blangah Dover Road Residents’ Committee
• Adjunct Faculty Member of NACLI (National Community Leadership Institute)
• Avid advocate of raising awareness through continual education in both public and professional arenas; wrote a free weekly legal advice column in the local national daily newspaper, Tamil Murasu, for and on behalf of Singapore Association of Women Lawyers from 1998 to 2007
• Contributed in various community initiatives such as the Cut Waste Panel, NTUC’s YCIS, IPOS public education schemes,
feedback sessions, conferences, workshops, etc.
• An avid Toastmaster, with the titles of Competent Toastmaster, Advanced Toastmaster (Bronze & Silver), as well as
• Founder of Dover Toastmasters Club and Mentor to many toastmasters since 1999.
• Devising, designing and rolling out of the “Art of Speaking” that is a public speaking training programme that is conducted for
MOE by Tamil Language & Cultural Society.
• Consultant, Belinda Ang Tang & Partners (Present)
• Associate Faculty Member (Additional Undertaking), SIM University
• Consultant, Messrs. Samuel Seow Law Corporation
(Jul 2015 - Jul 2016)
• Director, Messrs. Sim Law Practice LLC (Mar 2013 - Jun 2014)
• Partner, P K Ng, Haridas & Partners, Advocate & Solicitors, Commissioner for Oaths (Dec 2002 - Feb 2013)
• Sole-Proprietor, Messrs. Haridas V.Advocates and Solicitors, Commissioner for Oaths (Oct 1997 - Nov 2002)
• Intellectual Property
• Corporate and Commercial issues
• Building Construction issues
• Negligence claims
• Defamation and Harassment claims
• Family and Probate matters
• Estate planning